Ss. Peter & Paul Jesuit Parish is a diverse Catholic community, located in a historic church in the heart of downtown, and engaged in today’s revival of the city. We reach out and invite all to join us. Transformed by our liturgy and committed to prayer and a spirituality of service in the Jesuit tradition, we live as men and women for others in the Spirit of Jesus.
Our welcome extends to non-parishioners who with the permission of their pastor would like to have their wedding celebrated in our historic building. As the former cathedral and the oldest existing church building in the Archdiocese of Detroit, we offer a unique experience where couples can begin their life and build a legacy. Our sacrament of marriage program is robust, vibrant and growing. Therefore, we are seeking to hire rehearsal coordinators to guide and contribute to a meaningful and pleasant experience for all who come to be married at Ss. Peter and Paul by showing hospitality to the bride and groom, wedding party, their families and guests.
- Remain committed to the schedule. Promptness is a MUST. Professional dress is required.
- Open the building, arriving with ample time to prepare the space.
- Determine set-up needs, schedule timing and facility needs based on the Liturgy plan.
- Conduct wedding rehearsals the Thursday or Friday before the wedding.
- Facilitate and interact with the presider and other ministers on the wedding day.
- Close the building, assuring the church is clean after the rehearsal and wedding.
- Have knowledge of the facility layout and equipment for weddings such as candles, placement of plant stands, unity candle, etc.; as well as policies guiding the use of the facility.
- Have knowledge of the Catholic marriage rite to give appropriate instruction.
- Ability to direct people well and provide instructions.
- People-oriented, friendly, and easy to approach with a non-anxious presence.
- Confident leadership abilities with problem solving skills.
- Possess good organizational and communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal.
- Detail-oriented, assuring the rehearsal and wedding run smoothly and with excellence.
- Willing to handle sizable responsibility, yet remain largely behind the scenes of the wedding.
- Must have working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google Drive, Sheets and Docs.
- Minimally a High School Diploma
- Familiarity with the Catholic liturgy.
- Minimum time requirement 4 hours per wedding, one hour for the rehearsal and three hours on the wedding day. Compensation is on a per wedding basis. Training provided.
Those interested in applying should visit https://www.aod.org/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.